Our specially formulated "Cancer Support" Massage Blendof Frankincense, Myrrh, Clary Sage, Lavender, Thyme, Lemongrass, Peppermint & Orange: Is a good way of supporting the body's physical & emotional symptoms when undergoing any cancer treatment protocols. These oils can help with a lot of the side effects from treatments, e.g nausea, pain, tiredness, brain fog, dry skin & tender to touch, sudden bodily temp changes, odema, anxiety & depression and many more.
We have selected and blended a soothing combination to help at this time. Essential Oil Massage has been approved by NICE as one of the therapeutic touch modalities for Cancer patients, Touch and caressing the body gently releases endorphines and stimulates many physological functions to happen in the body that make us feel a little better at this stressful & painful time.
When massaging essential oil blends in through the skin, their healing components are absorbed into the bloodstream. From there they disperse to the specific organs and systems on which they work. Some of the essential oils’ components, carried via the bloodstream, can also pass through the blood-brain barrier to the limbic system in the brain, where they can influence the endocrine and autonomic nervous systems.
We use essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. As it enhances both the physical and emotional body.
Here is some edited notes from Dr Eric Z article as too why these oils are helpful see links below in blue to all research:
The most prominent and noteworthy component of most citrus essential oils is d-limonene, confirmed to be a potent cancer-fighting agent (Pub Med)
Frankincense, used in vitro, studies continue to emerge demonstrating the anti-cancer effects of frankincense essential oil on bladder, breast and skin cancers. Also cerebral edema swelling was reduced by 75% or more in 60% of the participants. The researchers conclude that, “BS could potentially be steroid-sparing for patients receiving brain irradiation. Frankincense is also known to help manage depression, pain and boost the immune system.
one study, suggest that antioxidant and antiapoptotic activities [of healthy brain cells] of the lavender essential oils are the major mechanisms for their potent neuroprotective effects against scopolamine-induced oxidative stress that can lead to cancer and other illnesses. (11) (12)
The journal of Oncology Letter shows the effects of these two essential oils, independently and as a mixture, on five tumor cell lines, The results indicated that the MCF-7 and HS-1 cell lines showed increased sensitivity to the myrrh and frankincense essential oils compared with the remaining cell lines. In addition, the anticancer effects of myrrh were markedly increased compared with those of frankincense. But a previous study identified that the combination of frankincense and myrrh oils exhibited synergistic effects on harmful bacterial infections Cryptococcus neoformans and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.(15) (16) (17) (18)
Peppermint is highly effective at managing common side effects people suffer during medical cancer therapies; especially vomiting and nausea, reducing the agony of brain cancer patients, efficient in depression and reduction of anxiety in cancer patients. (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24)
As one of the primary herbs to facilitate estrogen binding, thyme oil can help balance and regulate hormones & is noted for its anticancer potential. In another study thyme most beneficial against prostate, lung carcinoma, and breast cancers. (26) (27)
Cancer Support Essential Oil Massage Blend 100ml
Essential oil Properties:If there are any contra indications in this blend please do not purchase, please contact us directly by email or telephone and we can get you to submit answers to a health questionaire, & medication presently taking. Then we can decide which oils would be more suitable for your health condition and wont interfere with prescription medications...We can then make a specific blend just for you. This will require a small surcharge of £5.00.
Essential oils used in this Blend : A link to our more indepth Essential oil properties page can be see here
- Properties: Uplifting, restoring, centering.
- Actions: Anti-inflammatory, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, digestive, diuretic, haemostatic, relaxing, sedative, tonic, uplifting, vulnerary.
- Skin Care – Scars, wounds.
- Immune System – Used in Cancer care.
- Nervous System – Anxiety, nervous tension & stress-related conditions. Ability to slow down & deepen the breath and used in prayer / meditation.
- Chinese medicine function: To tonify the Qi, activate Qi and Blood, and strengthen the spirit.
- Contra Indications = No known contraindications.
- Properties: Centering, restoring, calming.
- Actions: Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiphlogistic, cicatrisant, cooling, revitalising, stimulant (digestive), stomachic, tonic, vulnerary.
- Digestive System – Diarrhoea, dyspepsia, flatulence, haemorrhoids, loss of appetite.
- Immune System – Strengthening immune system & being used in cancer care.
- Contra Indications = not recommended during pregnancy, as maybe feto-toxic.
- Properties: Calming, relaxing, grounding, strengthening & euphoric, balancing
- Actions: Antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, depurative, digestive, febrifuge, hypotensive, stomachic, tonic.
- Chinese medicine function: To nourish the Blood, Blood and Qi, and harmonize the spirit
- Contra Indications = Do not use before or after alcohol as increases effects of drunkenness. Do not use during pregnancy,
- Properties: Soothing, calming, harmonizing, relaxing
- Actions: Analgesic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antitoxic, carminative, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, diuretic, hypotensive, nervine, parasiticide, tonic, vulnerary.
- Chinese medicine function: To activate the Qi, nourish the Yin, clear heat and calm the spirit.
- Contra Indication = No known contraindications.
- Properties: Motivating and confidence building
- Actions: Antimicrobial, anti-oxidant, antiputrescent, antitoxic, bactericidal, carminative, cicatrisant, diuretic, fungicidial, hypertensive, nervine, parasiticide, stimulant (immune system, circulation), sudorfic, tonic.
- Nervous System – Insomnia, nervous debility and stress related complaints.
- Contra Indications = Use in moderation, in low dilution, can irritate mucous membranes. Avoid during pregnancy
- Properties: Clarifying, uplifting, cooling.
- Actions: Analgesic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, bactericidal, carmanative, fungicidal, nervine, sedative (nervous) tonic.
- Nervous System – Nervous exhaustion & stress-related conditions.
- Chinese medicine function: To activate the Qi, clear heat and calm the spirit.
- Contra Indications = possible dermal irritation in some individuals with sensitive skin – use with care.
- Properties: Stimulating, uplifting, invigorating & energizing.
- Actions: Analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, carminative, cephalic, cooling, stomachic, tonic, uplifting.
- Chinese medicine function: To activate the Qi, raise Yang Qi and strengthen the spirit.
- Contra Indications = Incompatible when taking homeopathic treatments as counteracts the effects. Not to be taken late in the day/evening by insomniacs since it refreshes the mind, waking you up.
- : Uplifting, balancing and harmonizing.
- Actions: antidepressant, antispasmodic, antiviral, hypotensive, sedative, stimulant, stomachic, uplifting, warming.
- Chinese medicine function: To regulate the Qi, settle the Heart and harmonize the spirit.
- Contra Indications = is phototoxic if used on the skin and may cause sensitivity to sunlight.
We have a Return and Refund policy...
If your package arrived damaged. Please take a photo how it arrived and send by email, so we can show to our postal company.
You will need to pay the return postage fee. We will accept the returns package only if it has not been used,
For candle (not lit) wax & bottle not scratched
Liquid volume same as stated when buying / bottle not scratch
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase please let us know why? So we can rectify the problem, if within our means. All feedback is helpful.
Please note Personalised blends made to specific health requirements, once shipped can not be returned or refunded.
We want you to feel confident with your purchase as we have put so much effort & love into making the best smelling self care products for you to enjoy.
I hope you understand our policy....Clinic Manager x